Interactive stationary bikes are the latest craze in the fitness world. They come in both upright and recumbent forms. What sets them apart is not their design or the workout they provide, but rather the fact that they come with built-in screens.
These screens allow users to ride virtual courses or play video games while exercising. The purpose of these interactive stationary bikes is to make exercise less distasteful and more exciting for newcomers to fitness.
Interactive Stationary Exercise Bike Pros
The advantages of interactive stationary bikes are numerous. They include:
- Fun – Interactive stationary bikes are among the most fun exercise bikes to use. The virtual courses and built-in video games are to thank for this.
- Easy to Use – These bikes are also for the most comfortable use. Just hope on and ride.
- Great Workout – Like all exercise bikes, the interactive stationary variety provides a killer cardio workout in addition to strength training for your legs.
- Convenient – What is more convenient than hopping on an exercise bike in the comfort of your home?
- Comfortable – Most interactive stationary bikes are of the recumbent variety. This ensures they are comfortable, safe, and stable. They’re ideal for almost anyone to use.
Interactive Stationary Exercise Bike Cons
Interactive stationary bikes also come with a handful of cons depending on the particular user. These might include:
- Bulky – Because of their built-in screens, interactive stationary bikes are often bulky and cumbersome. They are not the easiest type of exercise bike to store.
- Limited – Since most of these machines are recumbent in nature, the exercises that can be performed on them are somewhat limited. You can’t stand up and ride on these types of interactive stationary cycles.
- Expensive – Interactive stationary cycles are often the most expensive among exercise bike types. Once again, it is the built-in display and computer that accounts for this.
Interactive Stationary Bike Uses
Interactive stationary bikes have a wide variety of applications. Like most exercise bikes, they can be used for weight loss and injury recovery. However, they are not a very popular option for more serious athletes, as their applications are somewhat limited.
Perhaps the most famous use of interactive stationary bicycles is for getting/staying in shape for those that struggle to maintain a regular exercise routine.
They provide an excellent workout while also providing the distraction that many people need to efficiently power through a workout. With that said, they’re an excellent choice for those that don’t actually like working out but know that they need to.
How To Buy An Interactive Stationary Exercise Bicycle
The best deals on interactive stationary exercise bikes are most often found online. For this reason, many people do the majority of their shopping on the Internet. This isn’t to say, however, that you shouldn’t visit your local fitness store. If possible, it is always a smart idea to test the models you are interested in before making a purchase.
The first step to buying an interactive stationary bike is to set a budget. A budget helps you narrow down your models of interest. The next step that we recommend is reading reviews on the models of interest online.
Feedback from other users and fitness experts will help you ensure that your purchase is the right one. Before you know it, you’ll be on your interactive stationary bicycle pumping your legs away while playing an entertaining video game!