Are you looking for a recumbent machine which looks great, is foldable and comes in at just over $100? If so, then this offering from Sunny is ideal for you. With 430+ mainly positive reviews on Amazon.com, this bike would suit most exercise enthusiast’s needs without breaking the bank.
In this article, we will look at the positive aspects of the bike and some of the not so positive points.
Pros Of The Sunny Recumbent Bike
- Comfortable – With its cushioned back and seat, this bike is surprisingly comfortable to sit on. Many people using this would be on it for an extended period of time, so comfort is a very important aspect… because let’s face it, exercising for 40+ minutes while simultaneously aching because of a bike’s poor build quality is no fun to anybody.
- Foldable – If you live in a house or apartment where there is a minimum amount of space, then having a recumbent bike taking up space, when it’s not being used, can cause quite a headache. Thankfully, the Sunny Recumbent Bike is foldable which makes it perfect for storing away when not needed. The process of folding the bike is super simple, with even one reviewer stating that they can accomplish this feat with just one hand! Once the bike is folded up it takes up approximately 50” x 20” x 20” of space.
- Looks great – The color of this bike may not be to everyone’s taste (read: men and teenage boys!) but ladies will revel in its gorgeous light gray lines with bright pink enclosure and display computer. It really does look the part and will impress anyone who sets eyes upon it.
- Budget Range – Many of us have no need for expensive and space consuming commercial gym equipment in the home – especially if we only use exercise machines on the odd occasion. Commercial equipment can cost hundreds – or even thousands – of dollars but, thankfully, this recumbent bike won’t dent your bank balance too much. Coming in at just under $120 it represents great value for your money.
Some Cons To Be Aware Of
- Tension Levels – Be aware that if you like really challenging yourself then this model might not be for you. The highest tension level setting doesn’t take too much effort to push through – so this is more suited to beginners and ‘entry level exercisers’.
- Assembly – Although not too awkward to put together, the bike still requires some assembly and does not come ready to use ‘out of the box’. Instructions are clear and easy to follow so this is not a major negative point.
- Color – We mentioned this in the Pro section above, but be warned that if you’re of the ‘macho man’ kind then the bright pink hues present on the bike may not appeal to you entirely – to say the least!
With its striking appearance (which may not be to everyone’s liking), easy assembly, adjustable height settings and budget friendly price tag the Sunny Recumbent Bike is ideal for those looking for a budget range recumbent bike.
It is robust, easily stored and the onboard computer is quite accurate making this a great purchase for those looking who love to exercise at home.